In what has become sort of a tradition here at communicatrix, we bring you the year in reverse…or perverse…or something like that. Because after all, what is the point of having a whole, entire year if you can’t heave it up at the end and enjoy it again from the beginning?
- I could live happily elsewhere.
- I probably won’t anytime soon.
- Deadwood is the best cocksucking sonofabitch show ever.
- Coaching works.
- Lawns are overrated.
- The bargain matinée at the Century City 15 rules.
- If you want people to become really alarmed on your behalf, tell them you’re planning to shave your head.
- I love the acorn squash at Houston’s with a fervor that borders on the unnatural.
- Good coffee mugs are as hard to find as good handbags and unicorns.
- I enjoy looking anyway.
- All of those people who said I would outgrow my lust for high heeled footwear were right.
- Damn them.
- Rolos will be the television of 2007.
- If forced to come up with an earthly description of heaven, I’d pick flashlights, a slow shutter and good company on a starlit deck.
- A well-cooked pot roast runs a close second.
- Especially when it is cooked for you, with love, on a chilly Sunday evening.
- Toastmasters is the shit.
- UPS is apparently an acronym for Unflaggingly Poor Shipping.
- There may be something to this whole networking thing.
- Ditto conferences.
- I have a little problem recognizing the obvious.
- When playing games with children under 12, you have to let them win occasionally.
- Even if you don’t want to.
- Which I never do.
- Noise is to me as dust was to Julianne Moore in that Todd Haynes movie.
- It is worth it to pay the extra freight for heavy card stock.
- Those cherry Larabars are really, really good.
- Eventually, if you eat enough of them, they taste like soylent green.
- I absolutely, positively love getting up in front of a bunch of people and talking.
- Acting, not so much.
- Just because you paid a crapload of money for a couch is no reason to keep it around.
- Alison Bechdel is a genius.
- My jealous streak, while lying dormant for years at a time, is capable of erupting at a moment’s notice.
- Fortunately, it now scares the bejeezus out of me.
- My parking luck will never catch up to my used leather jacket luck.
- I like the idea of being a gardener better than the actual gardening.
- My significant others will always be somewhat horrified by the rest of the club.
- Being disorganized is my spiritual governor the way Crohn’s is my physical one.
- Starbucks sucks.
- Its suckage increases in direct proportion to the distance between it and other coffee alternatives.
- This makes it suckier beyond suckiest suckiness.
- Forget the hounds, release the fleas.
- With the right partner, sex actually gets better after the 18-month mark.
- This gives me hitherto unimaginable hope for the future.
- If things continue in the current direction, I may drive less than 6,000 miles next year.
- The Wall Street Journal is a surprisingly engaging read.
- You can still recycle VHS tapes.
- I don’t look quite as butch with short hair as I thought I would.
- The BF looks even better with long hair than I thought he would.
Can’t wait for more communicatrix listy goodness? Come late to the party? Never fear! Memory lane be here: