For all you OCD types who felt out of whack with a lopsided list, here’s the back 50:
- Back up your files.
- Getting to Empty is more of a process than an event.
- An ongoing process.
- That goes on and on.
- I should not even bother trying on a garment which is not charcoal, burgundy, pumpkin or that one shade of blue that works with my eyes.
- Antibiotics wreak at least as much havoc as they prevent.
- Indiana south of Indianapolis is startlingly beautiful.
- And frequently, hilarious.
- Furniture is more excellent on wheels.
- I was high on crack thinking I could write a 750 word column in one hour.
- After 45, even skinny people put on weight.
- “More fun” is a great prescription for personal happiness.
- It sounds obvious, but it isn’t.
- The Secret is another good place to start.
- I really missed gyros.
- My favorite couplet in any song ever is one I wrote myself.
- This makes me either more talented or more vain than I’m prepared to deal with just yet.
- I should quit worrying about when Sean will can my slacker ass and just blog, already.
- The second-most important thing after bringing the tape recorder is remembering to turn it on.
- There’s almost no funk that can withstand the O-magazine/epsom-salt bath/Play Misty for Me trifecta
- Life is more fun with a label maker.
- I can be hot when I’m 50.
- And 60.
- And 70.
- Kindred spirits show up in places you’d least expect them to.
- Doing Best Year Yet is hard.
- People reveal more than they think by the things they complain about.
- Disneyland is more fun when you bring kids.
- Even if you don’t get to go on the coolest rides.
- And you lose one of the kids.
- Never take Santa Monica or Melrose back to Silver Lake when you are trying to prove a point about shortcuts.
- More than any kind of theater, I love a really good musical.
- This is a really good musical.
- When it comes to books, my eyes will always be bigger than my stomach.
- Burning incense makes me feel rich.
- My drinking days are probably numbered.
- You don’t know how depressed you are until you suddenly aren’t.
- The best DVDs to own are Saturday Afternoon Hangover movies.
- The next-best are TV shows.
- The greatest luxury no one realizes is time spent alone.
- I just don’t like almond butter.
- Or The Big Lebowski.
- Or San Diego.
- When it comes to taking care of my own health, I have been the world’s greatest asshole.
- People like stories.
- It’s never going to be easy.
- It’s always going to be interesting.
- Those Entertainment coupon books are a ripoff.
- If I can do it, anyone can.
- This means you…
May your 2007 bring you your heart’s desire, and may your heart’s desire bring the world greater peace and happiness.
New around these parts? Blow off my other lists? Here’s your chance to catch up: