Just when I thought it had been forever vanquished, I felt a bout of the Dreaded Dread coming on again. You know the drill:
- I can't open this bill.
- I can't bring up how I want to change the blog: I'll get fired.
- I know I'm going to get screwed by this online vendor.
- Sweet baby Jeebus, not a rollerskating party.
- I'll never get rid of this damned cold.
Whatever the reason, age, experience, a super-clean apartment, I felt the dread and did it anyway. And lo, a series of amazing results:
- The bill was high...but not as bad as the dread.
- I brought it up...and was thanked for doing so.
- I emailed (politely) anyway...and got a full credit.
- It was horrible; it was magical.
- I'm still sick.
Well, four out of five ain't bad.
Hell, the fifth ain't that bad, either.
Hell's-bells-Little-Nell! Maybe it was the cold that brought on this can-do, Calvinist/Pollyanna attitude.
Nah. It's the clean apartment...
If anyone knows who took the awesome photo above and (I think) posted it to Flickr, please let me know so I can give credit. I somehow forgot to the first time, too. Groan...dread...groan...