A mostly monthly but forever occasional round-up of what I've been up to and what I plan to be. For full credits and details, see this entry.
Colleen of the future (places I'll be)
- The World-Changing Writers Workshop (course: June/July 2010; my "class" is on July 8) I'm proud and excited to be part of this excellent mega-teleclass produced by my pals Pace & Kyeli of Freak Revolution. I've been learning lots of new stuff in my own writing classes recently, some of which I hope to share with you. But like they used to say about the lottery, you gotta be in it to win it. Registration closes at midnight, June 9th, so get on it! (Note: links are affiliate links; they serve as part of my payment for teaching. So you know!)
- June L.A. Biznik Happy Hour at Jerry's Famous (Wednesday, June 9; 5:30 - 8) I usually produce this event with my friend and colleague Heather Parlato, but she (and many other designers) will be at the big HOW conference next week. This should be a slightly cozier meetup, which means if there are questions you want to pummel me with, you'll have a better opportunity to do so! Free, but join Biznik here first (which, hooray!, is also free).
- The Ojai Women's Business Social (Thursday, June 10; 5:30 - 7:30, the Acacia Mansion) My friend Jodi Womack started the OWBS over a year ago, and it keeps on growing with no signs of stoppage! A wonderful, totally laid-back event just for women to meet and mingle with other business women.
Colleen of the Past (stuff I did you might not know about)
- My poem did not get selected for "Issue Zero" of 48 Hour Magazine, but I loved the hard copy I got so much, and was so annoyed by killjoy jackasses CBS and their cease & desist order, that I made a tribute "unboxing" video which you can see on Vimeo. (If you've never heard of unboxing, here's what it's about.)
- I don't think there's any video extant, but I performed two poems at the official opening event of w o r d s p a c e, a writers' collaboration space and organization founded by my friend Brenda Varda, a couple of weeks ago. If you live in Los Angeles, do get on Brenda's mailing list. She's got a stellar lineup of classes and workshops and events in production or slated, including more Big Artist Workshops this fall.
Colleen of the Present (ongoing projects)
- communicatrix | focuses My monthly newsletter devoted to the all-important subject of increasing your unique fabulosity. One article per month (with actionable tips! and minimal bullsh*t!) about becoming a better communicator, plus the best few of the many cool things I stumble across in my travels. Plus a tiny drawing by yours truly. Free! (archives & sign-up)
- Act Smart! is my monthly column about marketing for actors for LA Casting, but I swear, you'll find stuff in it that's useful, too. Browse the archives, here.
- Internet flotsam And of course, I snark it up on Twitter, chit-chat on Facebook, post the odd video or quote to Tumblr, and bookmark the good stuff I find on my travels at StumbleUpon and delicious. If you like this sort of stuff, follow me in those places, I only post a fraction of what I find to Twitter and Facebook.