A mostly monthly but forever occasional round-up of what I've been up to and what I plan to be. For full credits and details, see this entry.
Colleen of the future (places I'll be)
- July L.A. Biznik Happy Hour at Jerry's Famous (Wednesday, July 14; 5:30 - 8) Co-hosted by my friend and colleague Heather Parlato, this is a really low-key, easy way to get out and meet some likeminded solopreneur and small biz types. Free, but join Biznik here first (which, hooray!, is also free). UPDATE: It's "sold out" now (which it's not really, because it's free, but you know what I mean), but check back, if/when someone drops out, you can grab their spot.
- The Ojai Women's Business Social (Thursday, July 8; 5:30 - 7:30) My friend Jodi Womack started the OWBS over a year ago, and it keeps on growing with no signs of stoppage! A wonderful, totally laid-back event just for women to meet and mingle with other business women.
- Coudal Partners Fresh Signals (the entire month of July!) Yup-yup, in case you missed it, I'm posting random (but mostly design-and-culture-ish) links as the proud guest contributor on this month's feed of delicious links.
Colleen of the Past (stuff I did you might not know about)
- Havi Brooks' Kitchen Table I probably shouldn't even tell you about this, because we had so much fun and Havi and her people are so awesome, and (here's the bad part) you can't just get in on the Kitchen Table action without applying and passing muster (which is probably how Havi ensures that only the exact right people make it in there.) But I'll use the opportunity to plug Havi's site, which apparently I inspired her to start lo, these two or three years ago, and which is always full of great info. And the comments sections of the posts are like a smaller, freer version of the Kitchen Table! Especially check out the Very Personal Ads on Sunday. Serious hoodoo going down that way.
Colleen of the Present (ongoing projects)
- communicatrix | focuses My monthly newsletter devoted to the all-important subject of increasing your unique fabulosity. One article per month (with actionable tips! and minimal bullsh*t!) about becoming a better communicator, plus the best few of the many cool things I stumble across in my travels. Plus a tiny drawing by yours truly. Free! (archives & sign-up)
- Act Smart! is my monthly column about marketing for actors for LA Casting, but I swear, you'll find stuff in it that's useful, too. Browse the archives, here.
- Internet flotsam And of course, I snark it up on Twitter, chit-chat on Facebook, post the odd video or quote to Tumblr, and bookmark the good stuff I find on my travels at StumbleUpon and delicious. If you like this sort of stuff, follow me in those places, I only post a fraction of what I find to Twitter and Facebook.