The communicatrix likes this stuff
- I read (almost) everything that this, this, and this blogger publishes.
- For the whole list, click here.
- …I have reviewed and recommend
- …I have not reviewed, but love and recommend
- …I have read thus far in 2013
- Goodreads, a reader’s social site
- Women’s Business Socials , No snotty ladies allowed!
- kernspiracy , Designers’ (and marketers/etc) email list
- UPOD, professional writers email list
- The Secret City , “church” for artists (NYC, monthly; L.A., occasionally)
Flan (yes, it gets its own category)
- The Flan King, Now shipping across the U.S.!
- Café Tropical, Cuban-style coffee joint in Silver Lake
- Café du Village , Terrific, inexpensive Larchmont eatery RIP
- Catts & Doggs, Pet supplies and grooming in Silver Lake
- Kaldi Coffee & Tea, Local-to-Atwater coffee, wifi and patio!
- Pasquale Shoe Repair, They have a cafÃ©, too!
- RM Automotive, Geniuses with the Japanese autos
- Taylor’s, Old-school steakhouse in Koreatown
- Amazon , I am all for shopping locally where possible. I am also for saving money where possible. I think this is best done with a combination of thoughtful spending and thoughtful not-spending. I spend locally to keep my family-owned hardware store in business. On the other hand, while I suppose there are non-awful Big Box stores, I have zero problem buying most of my electronics via Amazon. (And when I do, I buy via a friend’s affiliate link.) Amazon affiliate kickbacks help to keep me in luxuries like first-run books, Kindle or hard-copy, which I in turn review here. So hey, THANK YOU for buying stuff through my Amazon link. Especially really expensive stuff, like electronics and shoes and 15-lb. bags of coconut flour.
Updated April 28, 2013, but do check individual pages for latest dates, and always “phone” first. (Haha…”phones.”)