A mostly monthly but certainly occasional round-up of what I've been up to and what's in the hopper. For full credits and details, see this entry. It is #24 in a series of 50 dedicated to the art and life of writing, in support of the 50 for 50 Project to benefit WriteGirl. If you like it, or if you think it could have been improved by a better writing education for its author, please give generously. And pass it on.
Colleen of the future (stuff I'll be doing)
- August L.A. Biznik Mixer at Jerry's Famous [Los Angeles; Wednesday, August 17, TODAY] Fun, free, low-key networking plus great tips, tricks and ideas from your fellow indie-biz folk, which of course includes me. Duh. My co-host again this month is South Bay illustrator Donna Barger. Rumor has it there will be buttons available to support a certain cause. And that they are effing awesome. Join up here (free membership, which is nice), then sign up here. And come say goodbye to my hair!
- My 50th Birthday Party/Head-Shaving :: We're over halfway to our $50,000 goal at just under halfway through the campaign. I do believe I will be bald on September 14, but first, there will be much making of merry at a party on my actual birthday, here at a swank private residence in L.A., on September 13. $50 gets you in for the show (and there will be a show!), food, and bevvies!
Colleen of the Past (what I have done for you lately)
- Interviews! Lots of them! :: To support the cause, I've solicited interviews with 50 terrific, inspiring women writers. Seriously, tons of good reading, plus tips on more good reading. (What? Of course I asked? Get 50 fab ladywriters together and not ask for their best resources? Are you kidding me?)
- ASMP's Strictly Business Blog :: Two new pieces up, on my own favorite resources and some of the ways I bust through creative block. Besides signing on to do a 50-day marathon, I mean.
Colleen of the Present (stuff I do, rain or shine)
- communicatrix | focuses :: My monthly newsletter devoted to the ways and means of becoming a better clearer communicator (plus a few special treats I post nowhere else). This month: How to talk FAST (or, pulling a talk for 500 people out of your ass the night before). Free!
- Act Smart! is my monthly column about marketing for LA Casting. Nominally for actors, there's a ton of good info in there for any creative business person. Browse the archives, here.
- Internet flotsam :: If you suffer from a surfeit of time, you can always look for me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, StumbleUpon and delicious. Oh, and that Google+ all the nerds are yakking about. But not much yet. Only so many hours in a day.