- pieces crammed full of proven, immediately actionable information from industry insiders
- interviews with industry insiders full of tips, even if tips were couched in "useless" prose (i.e., extracting said tidbits was up to me);
- interviews with industry insiders that were flat-out entertaining
- interviews with industry insiders that sucked ass
- tedious reflections on the meaning of acting 'crafted' by self-important blowhards
I think last month's column fell into category 5, which is why, unlike my masterful, definitely-category-1 series on how to approach commercial auditioning (here and here), I did not link to it. On the other hand, as I believe the kids said several years ago, "What's your damage, Heather?", I'm on month 4, still finding my way through the wilderness.
On the other-other hand, I've been at this blog for over two years now and I still walk smack into trees for looking at the forest.
So read "Five reasons NOT to be an actorâ€¦and one reason to jump all over it." Or don't. I'm fairly sure the world will continue to spin on its axis, regardless...