[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999Oh96KOQ4?rel=0] A mostly monthly but certainly occasional round-up of what I've been up to and what's in the hopper. For full credits and details, see this entry.
Colleen of the future (stuff I'll be doing)
- "Making People Love You Madly" tour for ASMP [May 3: Tucson, AZ; June 7, Seattle, WA] The last two of my "marketing in the postmodern age" talk for the American Society of Media Photographers—oh, how time has flown! This version of my core talk on marketing was customized for commercial photographers, but anyone with a small creative business will come away with plenty of ideas. And, if you're good at networking, many new contacts from the world of photography!
- World Domination Summit [July 6-8, Portland, OR] I'll be giving the 50-minute version of "What I Did On My Summer Vacation" (aka "the 50-for-50 talk") as a workshop at this year's installment of the world's most fun conference EVER in Portland. The conference has been sold out for months, but occasionally, some poor soul has to release their ticket and you can jump on it. Follow #WDS2012 and @chrisguillebeau on Twitter for scoop.
Colleen of the Past (what I have done for you lately)
- TEDxConcordiaUPortland [Portland, OR; March 31] I was beyond thrilled, honored, and yes, terrified to be presenting at this conference whose theme is "Becoming Extraordinary." I mean, pressure much? But Michelle Jones, my friend and TEDx organizer (and 50-for-50 supporter) extraordinaire, had faith in me, so I screwed my courage to the sticking place and also, actually rehearsed. A lot. I'm pretty happy with the results, which you can watch above, or by clicking through to YouTube.
- 3x3x365 :: I don't really do guest posts, but when my wonderful and, briefly, exhausted friend Amy McCracken called out for help, I was able to hide my eagerness to tell a story on my favorite-est blog in the cloak of selflessness.
- The Strictly Business Blog :: I've continued to write for my wonderful clients, the ASMP, on a variety of marketing and productivity-related topics. Recent contributions include a love note to Evernote and managing expectations with your very own Twitter policy.
- Savor & Serve Blog :: To celebrate a full year of her re-branded blog, the gorgeous and talented Jennifer Louden invited a group of her friends to share how they'd savored and/or served this past year. I was thrilled to participate, mostly because this year, I finally managed to do some service! It's a lovely, sweet, and breezy roundup.
Colleen of the Present (stuff I do, rain or shine)
- communicatrix | focuses :: My (usually) monthly newsletter devoted to the ways and means of becoming a better clearer communicator (plus a few special treats I post nowhere else). Free!
- Act Smart! is my monthly column about marketing for LA Casting. Nominally for actors, there's a ton of good info in there for any creative business person. Browse the archives, here.
- Internet flotsam :: I am currently rather disenchanted with the Internet. Also, busy. But I continue to waste far too much time over on Facebook, who, speaking of which, have not yet ruined Instagram.